I wrote this up a few months ago when it happened, then forgot to post it. Better late than never I guess.
The other day the boys and I were out jogging. It was chilly so I had the boys in beanies and wrapped up in blankets. Because they were so bundled up, I didn’t realize that Max had smuggled his doggy in under his blanket. We jogged 4 miles and as I was pulling into the driveway he told me he couldn’t find his doggy. We went inside real quick and I ran all over the house looking for doggy. But I knew he wasn’t in the house. I knew he had somehow got lost on our jog. My heart seriously sank. Good grief, I may as well have lost a child. I knew Max would be devastated if we couldn’t find him. So we loaded up in the car and began driving around to find him. As we were driving, I said a prayer and started scanning the sidewalks for him. I got even more worried because there was much of the sidewalk that I couldn’t see from the road. And then I saw him. About two miles from our house, laying on the sidewalk. Poor doggy. I parked the car and ran to his rescue. Oh my word I was sooo relieved. I handed Max his beloved dog and gave him a little lecture… “This is why we don’t take doggy on our rides”… etc. As I was driving back home, I decided we needed to say a prayer to thank Heavenly Father. Max was so so sweet during that prayer. It was short and sweet, but he said “Fank you Heavenly Father helping me find my doggy”. My heart melted. I was so thankful for the opportunity to teach Max that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and answers our prayers. The rest of the way home Max just kept squeezing his doggy and saying things like, “I’m so sorry doggy”, “Doggy, are you ok?” “Were you scared?”, and “I love you so much my doggy”. Love him.
I took these on our jog before doggy was MIA. Falling asleep at 10 in the morning?
Faking
Not faking
No comments:
Post a Comment