Kyler had his 4 month check up last week. It was 2 weeks early, but here are his stats:
Height: 25.3 inches (80th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 2 ounces (50th percentile)
The last few months with Kyler have been really hard. He has been so colicky, fussy, and gassy! It would start everyday around noon and he would fuss until around ten at night! All I can say is I have never been so exhausted. But I am happy to report he is now on a medication for Reflux and it has worked WONDERS! He is seriously a different baby. He has always been sweet of course, but he has just been so fussy. I felt so bad for him because we could tell he was just so uncomfortable and gassy. Like really gassy.
So to back track…. When Ky had his two month check up, our Dr. told us that his colic should be improving in the next few weeks. It didn’t. In fact it got much worse. He started having these weird episodes that would freak me out! When he would have one he would arch his back so far I thought he was going to bend in half. His arms would be flailing and he would have this completely panicked look on his face and couldn’t breathe for about a minute until this thick secretions would come up out through his nose and mouth. He would only have these episodes a few times a week, but they would happen at horrible times like while I was driving or while Kyler was napping. Finally one day he did it so bad in my mind I was thinking I was going to have to give him CPR or something! Of course after about a minute of not breathing he got it up and I suctioned his nose and he was fine. But it freaked me out so badly that I took him right in to the dr. We have the most wonderful pediatrician ever! Dr Smoot is so fabulous and she is a Mom which I absolutely love. She is always cautious and always puts my mind at ease. Anyways, she was positive he has having what she called “silent reflux episodes” where he was refluxing but not spitting up much. When he would reflux he couldn’t breath until his stomach contents would come back up his throat and out. So now Kyler is on reflux medicine and it has been amazing! He now naps for 2 hours where as before he would only nap for 30 min before he would wake up screaming. I just feel so bad for him that we didn’t get him on anything sooner! Poor boy!
We love having Kyler in our home. It has only been 4 months but I could not picture our lives without him. Here are some things about Ky:
He has the sweetest smile that just melts my heart.
He giggles when I kiss his neck
He can roll over both ways!
Now that he can roll over he sleeps on his tummy. The only problem is he isn’t quite as good at rolling to his back and so sometimes he gets frustrated:)
He now sleeps 12 hours at night! Yeah!
We started him on rice cereal and he has done great!Ky eating rice cereal for the first time:
He doesn’t like the swing. He would much rather be on the ground so he can watch Max better.
He loves to watch Max! He just smiles at Max all day. It’s kinda sad because max won’t really give him the time a day. He is usually too busy playing with his toys. But it makes me excited for when Kyler is old enough that they can play together.
When I put him on the floor he will wiggle himself across the room. I think he is going to be much more mobile than Max was.
He coos (sp?) and makes baby noises all day long. Every time I hold him now he is smiling and telling me a story.
He loves to sleep with his hand over his face.
He is almost done breastfeeding. I have to admit I am a little sad about it. But he just wants to eat way more than I can produce! He grips his bottles with both hands when I feed him.
It is so fun to play dress up with baby Ky. Max pretty much just runs away anytime I try to get him dressed. But Kyler doesn’t have a choice so sometimes he gets to play dress up with mommy. Here he is sporting his new beanie for Winter.
We just love our little Ky bug to pieces!
2 comments:
He is so cute! I am glad you got some medicine. That would've really scared me too!
So I found your blog on the Zimmermans, so I'm stalking you now, haha :) Elijah had the exact same problems except medicine didn't help much. I feel your pain, it totally sucks and is exhausting. If you need anything just let us know, I love cooking people dinners!
Megan Anderton
Post a Comment