Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celebrating with our Texas Family

This year was our first Texas Christmas!  Every year we have lived here we have always gone home to Utah for Christmas.  This year we were going home for Jeremy’s brother’s wedding the first week of January and so we were able to stay here and do our own little Christmas.  I have to admit, it was bitter sweet.  I really missed our families, but knowing we were going home the week after Christmas made it a little easier.  We also have some amazing friends who are our family here.  Seriously! We love them so much and I really don’t know what I would do without them! And it was nice not having to travel.  Now that Max is old enough to be excited about Christmas, it was a blast to be able to start our own traditions at our own home. 

CHRISTMAS EVE:

We spent the evening over at the Petersen’s along with the Jones.  Since all three of our families do not have any relatives in Texas, it was really fun to get together.  Like I said, they are our Texas family :-)  We did take-out for dinner, decorated sugar cookies for Santa, and the children acted out the Nativity.  Afterward, we came back home to celebrate some more!  Mr. Jingles left Christmas jammies on the porch for the boys.  Of course he rang the doorbell and ran so we didn’t see him. He is sneaky! Then we watched Mickey’s Christmas, set out the cookies Max decorated for Santa, and the boys went to bed.  It was really such a fun night.

Our group enjoying take-out.  Totally the way to go!

IMG_2193IMG_2184

Our missionaries joined us both days and we loved having them!IMG_2191

Decorating cookies for Santa  IMG_2198 IMG_2209                                    

The kids acting out the Nativity.  They mostly just ate candy canes but they still enjoyed dressing up.  And they looked oh so cute! 

IMG_2237

IMG_2234

IMG_2221

            

Us… minus Max                                         IMG_2225

The Jones… minus AddyIMG_2230

The Petersens…. minus Tayla.  As you can tell, the older children were having WAY too much fun to stop and pose for pictures.IMG_2227

Sending our missionaries off with their stockings

IMG_2218

Finding and opening jammies from Mr. Jingles!IMG_1524 IMG_1525 IMG_1529 IMG_1530

     

Watching Mickey’s Christmas in Mommy and Daddy’s bed

 IMG_1533  IMG_1536 IMG_1537

1 comment:

Familly said...

That looks so fun! I love your cute traditions.