Sunday, June 5, 2011

Max and Mommy. Mommy and Max!

Last week Max and I got to fly home to Utah for Jason’s farewell.  Just the two of us!  I had so so much fun spending time with just Max.  It really made me miss the one on one time we used to have before Kyler was born.  Of course we still have quality time alone together, just not as much.  But man I really did miss Kyler!  It was really hard to leave him.  But I have to admit, it was a nice break to be in Utah with just one child.  And Max is old enough now that he traveled great!!!  Finally!  He slept AWESOME while we were there, which is something he hasn’t done in about 2 years.  Normally when we travel home to Utah he doesn’t sleep well and is totally off his schedule.  But he did awesome and we had the best time together! 

The REASON we went home was for Jason’s farewell!  I am so glad we got to go home to say goodbye.  I am so close with my brother and I already miss the heck out of him!  I am so proud of him for his decision to serve a mission for our church.  But man it’s going to be a long 2 years.  I have wanted to text him at least 100 times this week. 

J-Dawg getting ready to go the MTC.  Max and I actually left the day before he went in because the airfare was way cheaper to leave that day.  So I stole some of these pictures from BreAnn’s facebook page.

246850_10150639751045570_880470569_18869860_807312_n

IMG_1947

Jason and his gorgeous girlfriend BreAnn.  They have dated for two years and we love love love her!

247014_10150639750695570_880470569_18869854_6974614_n246957_10150639750940570_880470569_18869859_4184473_n

249256_10150639750430570_880470569_18869850_3318499_n253720_10150639750810570_880470569_18869856_426752_n

 

Out to dinner with the family to celebrate my Daddy-o’s 53rd Birthday.

IMG_1941IMG_1940IMG_1937

IMG_1939IMG_1943

IMG_1945

photo (95)

Playing with Uncle BJ, Aunt Keisha and their new puppy Drake.  Max LOVED their puppy!  He could play with this dog for hours he had so much fun!

IMG_1920IMG_1922IMG_1923IMG_1924IMG_1925

photo (91)photo (92)

Hanging out at Nana and Papa’s house:

photo (93)IMG_1928

 IMG_1952IMG_1933IMG_1927

Me and mah Sista:

IMG_1929

IMG_1930 

IMG_1919             photo (94)  

photo (96)

 

The Airplane. 

First of all, Max is in love with airplanes and so he was super excited to ride on one.  As we were boarding the plane the Captain pulled him upfront and asked him if he could help him get the plane ready for take off.  Oh. My. Word.  It made his day.  No, his whole YEAR!  He got to sit in the captain’s chair while they “flew the plane together”.  So the captain was in the other chair telling him what to do.  They would both turn the steering wheel right, then left, then pull back.  Then he would tell him to push all these different buttons.  He even let him turn on the fire alarm on the plane!  He also let Max push a machine gun button that made the front cabin shake like it was firing a machine gun!  Super cool.  It was seriously the coolest thing ever and the nicest thing he could have done for a two year old!  I of course pulled out my iphone as quick as I could and started snapping away.  The quality of the pictures are pretty poor but I just love them because you can see Max is in Heaven!

photo (1) 

photo (99)

photo (97)                                     photo (98)photo (100)    

The airplane ride itself was amazing.  Over the past 2 years I have gotten used to plane rides being stressful and crazy.  I usually spend the full 3 hours wrestling kids, trying to keep them from running up and down the isles, throwing fits, etc.  But this flight was so so easy.  Max is finally old enough to behave and he was having so much fun that I really just loved flying with him.  He was so excited to watch out the window and to have his own seat to sit on “like a big boy”.  On the way there he watched movies and ate snacks the entire way. 

 

IMG_1956IMG_1916

 

Playing around with my camera on my phone IMG_1917

 photo (89)photo (90)

 

On the way back, I have to admit he was a crazy man at the airport. It was naptime and he was ornery and threw a million fits. But he made up for it by sleeping the entire flight! He fell asleep as we were taking off and woke up as we were descending. It was awesome! I got to read a whole magazine and eat snack myself!  I gave Max this Thomas backpack for our trip.  He loved that he could pack around all his trains in it and insisted on taking this backpack everywhere we went.  Such a cute boy!

photo (88)

photo (87)      photo (85)

We had so much fun on our little trip to Utah.  I will always cherish the sweet time I got to have with just my Max.  Love this boy so much!  We also had so much fun playing with our Knudsen family and cousins.  More pictures of that coming soon!

3 comments:

Kendall said...

how cool is that! I am sure he was in heaven

Karrissa Winward said...

So fun! I love that he got to sit in the Captain's chair!

Anonymous said...

i miss you guys!! max is so cute, i hope he isn't mad at me anymore! ;) thanks for posting this about jason..he's surely missed!