Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Stay-cation

This year we spent Christmas here in Texas.  It was really nice to be able to relax and spend time as a family.  And by relax I mean we were completely lazy and loved it.  Some days we stayed in our pj’s all day long.  We really enjoyed our time together and doing some of our own traditions.  Although I have to admit, Christmas is a little hard when you don’t have family to celebrate it with.  But we are so blessed to have such wonderful friends here.  They are our Texas family. 

On Christmas Eve we went over to the Petersen’s along with a new family in the ward, the Waters.  We ate Chuy’s take out, decorated cookies for Santa, and the kiddies performed a nativity.  Well, mostly they just walked around with pillow sheets on their heads, but they still enjoyed it.  Then we went home to bathe the boys and get ready for bed.  While the boys were in the bath, Mr. Jingles left the boys some new pj’s on the porch, rang the doorbell, and took off running.  That Mr. Jingles, he’s a sneaky one.  The boys were super excited about their new Thomas jammies and blue slippers.  And I was really excited about the PINK sweats I received as well.  We then watched a few little Christmas shows and put the kids to bed. 

Christmas Morning was so fun.  Max was so excited to see what Santa had brought him.  Kyler, just wanted to play in the playroom instead of opening up presents.  He threw the biggest fit right on the floor when we made him come into the family room.  Of course, once he came in and saw presents, he was excited too.  The boys were super happy to receive an art easel, aquamats, Legos, and lincoln logs.  They also found that Santa had hid a train for each of them in the Christmas tree.  They thought that was so silly.  Also, Every year Jeremy picks out a special toy for the boys.  Kyler got a stuffed tiger that he sleeps with every night and loves!  And Max got a… wait for it…. transformer!  Max thought it was awesome, but I’m pretty sure the toy was really for Jeremy.   Christmas is just so magical and fun with little kids.  We ate daddy’s yummy cinnamon rolls, enjoyed a couple hours of relaxing and then went to sacrament.  After Sacrament I got to talk to Jason on his mission!  It was so fun to hear his voice.  He sounded so happy and grown up.  Wow I miss the heck out of him.  We then had the Petersens and the Waters over to our house for Christmas dinner.  It was such a wonderful day.  Although we did really miss our families as they were all getting together back home.  But it was still a great Christmas!

CHRISTMAS EVE:

IMG_6737IMG_6739IMG_6747

IMG_6752  IMG_6753IMG_6743IMG_6742IMG_6757IMG_6762IMG_6763IMG_6764IMG_6779IMG_6788IMG_3036IMG_3047IMG_3053IMG_3059IMG_3066IMG_3072IMG_3074IMG_3076

CHRISTMAS DAY:

IMG_3078IMG_3079IMG_3082IMG_3085IMG_3087IMG_3089IMG_3092IMG_3093IMG_3103IMG_3108IMG_3111IMG_3118IMG_3120IMG_3121IMG_3127IMG_3131IMG_3141IMG_3155  IMG_3160IMG_3161  IMG_3165IMG_3170

1 comment:

Familly said...

So Cute! Its fun to do your own traditions. I love the jammies be dropped off idea. I may have to copy it next year!!! Your Christmas card was adorable. Thanks for sending me one.