Wednesday, November 12, 2008
2 months since Hurricane Ike
I can't believe it has been 2 months since Hurricane Ike came through Houston. The whole thing was such a crazy experience! I finally got these pics on my computer so I thought I would take a minute to blog about it. Many of the homes on our street were damaged, however we were so blessed to be safe and that our house wasn't damaged. We were without power for two weeks which was very difficult when you are 9 months pregnant! But so many blessings came out of it. We were able to form friendships with neighbors, ward members and even strangers. It was such a blessing to watch all the service going on all around us. An example is one of our sweet neighbors who stood in line for 9 hours at the only open grocery stores to buy ice for all the families on our street. Her husband is in Iraq and she is by herself. Instead of feeling sorry for herself she decided to serve her neighbors. We also had the wonderful opportunity to house some of the missionaries that were evacuated from the other areas. They were a big help and they made me feel safe:) Here are some pics of the damage in our neighborhood.
One of many houses on our street that had fallen trees
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment