Saturday, November 1, 2008

A kick off to an eventful Halloween...


A wise man once said, "don't put your wedding ring on too soon after just having a baby". Ok... maybe it wasn't a wise man, but an EMT in my family room after my husband called 911. Yesterday afternoon we were about to carve our pumpkins and make Halloween cookies when I decided to put on my wedding ring for the first time since having Max. I hadn't worn it the last 3 months of my pregnancy, but thought surely the swelling had gone back down by now. My fingers looked fine and I am 3 1/2 weeks postpartum. It didn't go on as easy as it used to but I got it on ok. I got busy doing other things and about ten minutes later I looked down at my hand to see my ring finger swelling and turning purple. We tried soap, lotion, soaking it in ice water, and a couple other remedies but nothing we tried was getting it off and my finger was looking worse. After about a half hour we realized it wasn't coming off so I called a friend in the ward who works for the fire department. He told me to hang up and call 911. He said they will have an ambulance come so the EMT's could cut it off. Jeremy called them and about 2 minutes later we start to hear sirens heading our way. How embarrassing!! Thankfully they turned them off when they pulled into our neighborhood. I would have been happier if they could have discreetly parked around the corner and snuck in:) They pulled out their ring cutting tool and slowly (and painfully) sawed at my wedding ring. I was glad to have it off, but oh how sad.


On a happier note.... Here are some pictures from Max's first Halloween! He was a monkey for a party we went to on Monday.






Grandma came out to visit. It was so fun to have her here for Max's first Halloween. She brought him the cutest little tiger costume.




BOO!

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

That story is awful! I am so sorry! Max is getting so big! LOVE IT!

Chelsey said...

So sad about you're wedding ring. Can they fix it, or do you have to get a new one?
Max is so cute! Yep, him and Alli would have make quite the cute little tiger couple!

Angela said...

I can't believe that story! Glad that everything is okay, but geez, they had to cut it off?!?

Expressions Boutique said...

Oh Brit, that sucks but Max sure is cute!

Muncher Cruncher said...

BRIT!! I'm SO glad you found me! I can't believe you have a baby??? Max is seriously adorable. It's so good to hear from you! xoxoxo

Carla Anne said...

While it is sad that your ring had to be cut off, it is also a little entertaining! Hopefully you it will be fixed and wearable soon. Max is so cute. Love the pics!

Deanna said...

So can they fix the ring? I am so sorry! That must have been scary. I have to say, Marlo and I laughed for about 10 minutes at that last pic of Max! How cute!

Familly said...

Hi! Congrats on your baby! He's so adorable. That story about your ring is so sad. I can't believe that happened! I am glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch.

shea said...

Yeah that's pretty sad about your ring but SOOOOO funny :) Max is such a cutie, I love his costume. Isn't it crazy how fast they change. The newborn stage never lasts long enough!