Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I gotta have more cowbell… Or is it train whistle?

Last weekend we were able to get away for our anniversary to the small town of Wimberly.  It was a total shot in the dark because we had never heard of it and everyone we asked had never heard of it.  Wimberly is a little bed and breakfast type town with antique shops and restaurants.  We had so much fun!  I am pretty sure it was one of the most relaxing getaways I have ever had.  We stayed in a cabin that was out in the middle of nowhere in the “mountains” (mountains if you are Texan, hills if you are from Utah:)DSC01452

Our cabin from the front:DSC01454

 back view:DSC01445

 Our hot tub and pool:

DSC01446

DSC01444

DSC01440 

One of the nights we went out to dinner at a place called Inoz’s.  It was this quaint outdoor patio restaurant  that was so much fun!

DSC01432

Our view of the cypress river from where we sat:

DSC01423

 DSC01436   

 

When we first got seated a band called Uncle Fud started playing.  I cannot even explain how funny they were or how hard we <quietly> laughed.  Maybe this will help explain:   

DSC01431

They were actually pretty good and very entertaining.  The drummer had mad skills and no song was complete without a cowbell, train whistle, or a “ya mon” spoken in a deep raspy chain smoker voice.  But we can’t leave out the lead singer.  He was the bees knees and had all sorts of moves.  I am pretty sure the guy on the left never moved or changed his expression the entire time.  Basically it made for a really funny evening.  But seriously, they were actually good and I don’t think they take themselves too seriously either.

1 comment:

amanda said...

that sounds awesomely fun!!!(gosh I am so old) I love the pictures and you are soo beautiful in all of them! I can't believe Max is already 8 months old! Where does the time go? I'd love more details on Wimberly and yes I have been there and think it is beautiful!