Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Some of Max’s Loves:

  • clapping when we say “Yay!”
  • waving to pretty much anyone. 
  • cheerios, bananas, apple juice, yogurt, most fruits and veggies
  • rolling when I am trying to change his diaper
  • being lazy.  I am totally serious.  This kid has no desire to crawl.  When he wants a toy and I put it barely out of his reach, he doesn’t even try to get it.  He just looks at me and then grabs something else, or if there isn’t one he plays with his hands, the carpet, or whatever.   
  • rolling to get somewhere.  He can turn himself 360 degrees so whenever he wants to get somewhere he turns himself in that direction and then rolls and rolls.
  • looking at books.  well, half looking half tasting
  • naps.  He almost acts excited for his naps when we lay him down.  I swear he loves them as much as I do.  Now that we are transitioning to 2 naps he seems to sleep a little longer.
  • Sleeping on his tummy.  If he isn’t on his tummy he is in other funny positions like on his knees with his bum in the air.
  • No more spitting up!  Finally, Jeremy and I can come home from church without having spit up on us.
  • reaching for people
  • toys!  He can stay busy with one toy for a long time. He has this look on his face like he is concentrating hard to figure it out
  • This toy.  His cousin has one that he loves to play with so I got him one.  I was surprised at how fast he learned to play with it.  He can get some of them to pop up, and he loves putting them all back down

Playskool Busy Basics: Busy Poppin' Pals -  Hasbro - Toys"R"Us

  • He likes some of the table foods we have tried.  So far gerber puffs, cheerios, yogurt melts, real yogurt, and fruit have all gone well.  All attempts with real veggies and meat have not.  I think he is just not used to the new textures.
  • While writing this post I asked Jeremy, “help me think of things Max does”.  His answer was, “what ever he wants because he has you wrapped around his finger”.  So there you have it.

Max had his 9 month check up this week.  Here are his stats:

weight: 20 lbs. 8 oz. (50th percentile)

height:29 1/2 (85th percentile)

 DSC01459 DSC01462  DSC01470  

Max showing me his teeth :)

4 comments:

Devri said...

He is already taller than Bria and she is 16 months old! That's so great! He is such a smart boy!

Julianne said...

Brittany, so fun to see you here in the blog world! Your little Max is adorable, too. Love, Miss Jory (now Mrs. Geddes)

Deanna said...

We seriously need to get these two together soon! Maybe Max will learn how to crawl if he sees Chloe doing it!

Carissa and Chris said...

Hey Brit!!
Everyone is looking like they had lots of fun on the 4th. Glad things are going good. Max is so handsome. He is getting big!! My little monsters are pulling themselves up on everything. We just celebrated their 1st birthday. I made it a year!! Hope Texas heat is killing you. Talk to you soon, Carissa