Sunday, October 3, 2010

My BIG boy!

IMG_0865

I can’t believe my baby is turning TWO on Tuesday!  No more counting his age in months.  Now it’s years!  I don’t know where the time has gone!  It has been such a wonderful two years.  Max has brought us so much joy.  He makes us laugh every day and we love him to pieces!  I was looking at him today as we were watching General Conference and I am blown away at the little boy he has become.  He used to be so chunky with the cutest fat rolls up his arms and legs.  Now those rolls are gone and he is a big boy.

Here is what Max is up to:

  • He is sweaty all the time from playing so hard
  • He burps and then follows it up with “Ewww” and a giggle
  • He thinks it is hilarious to fake sneeze…. “Ah Ah Ah…. Ah Chooo!”
  • He responds “No Way” instead of No.  I have NO IDEA how he learned this!

Me:  “Max do you want some chicken nuggets?”

Max: “No Way!”

Me: “how about some string cheese?”

Max: “Now Way!”

Me: “Do you want to go outside?”

Max “No Way! Yeah.”

  • He loves to jump.  Anytime he is walking down a long hall he takes forever because he walks a few steps, then jumps, walks a few steps, then jumps.  It’s pretty funny to watch because he looks so proud of himself. 
  • He is constantly saying “Open. Close” while he opens and then closes cupboards, doors, really anything.
  • He learned to pop off the child locks and unlock our doors!  Fortunately all doors that lead outside beep when they are opened.  So if I hear the “beep beep beep” I know to start running after Max because he literally takes off running.  Now we have a new child proof door knob that he hasn’t figured out yet.  I give it a week.
  • He likes to sit on the table chairs like a big boy
  • His favorite movies right now are “memums” (Alvin and the Chipmunks), Up, Polar Express, Mickey Mouse, Toy Story,
  • He loves to march and is constantly asking Jeremy and I to march around the kitchen with him.
  • He loves to play with trains, cars, airplanes, tractors, etc.  When he does he always has the sound effects… crashing, airplane sounds, choo choo, etc.
  • He is still the PICKIEST eater I have ever seen.  Every now and then he will eat a good meal.  It always makes me feel like such an accomplished mother when I finally get him to eat a good nutritious meal.
  • He loves to color
  • He loves listening to music in the car.  His playlist includes Black Eyed Peas, Carrie Underwood, “Mercy” by Duffy, and “Forever” by Chris Brown.  As soon as we get into the car he wants me to put on his music and he starts to dance.  It’s hilarious!
  • Now that the weather has cooled off he wants to play outside all day.  We go walking in the morning and as soon as we get home he wants to go straight to the backyard to play.  I love when I make him stop for lunch because he is totally sweaty, dirty, and out of breath.
  • Friends have become really important to him.  His BFF is Noah and he asks to play with him every day!  Sometimes when I tell him we can’t he cries.
  • He is hitting the terrible 2’s right on time!  He has just recently started throwing tantrums and being extra mischievous.  He isn’t too bad though.  And for the most part I think it is funny. 
  • He gives me snuggles on the couch every single morning and every night.  I can’t even begin to explain how much I love this little boy.  He is a lot of energy but he has so much personality and is so much fun!
  • Max loves playing in bath.  Especially splashing and playing with boats.

  IMG_0998

  • I know it is mean to take this picture but I couldn’t help it!  He had totally woke up ornery and had awesome bed head.

photo (41) 

Max playing with his friends Tayla, Addy, and Noah.

photo (46)photo (45)

I really can’t believe my baby is turning 2.  I don’t think we could love this boy any more than we do.  And I think I might cry on Tuesday.  Just a little.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

So fun! He has such a great personallity. Happy Birthday MAX!

kelsey and murray said...

he is darling britt- he is getting so grown up! such a fun update.