Monday, May 9, 2011

A Wonderful Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day!  Actually it was the best mother's day weekend ever!  On Friday Jeremy surprised me by sending me a text to be ready to go out on a date at 530!  It was so thoughtful of him to arrange a babysitter and plan a date night.  We went to our favorite restaurant the Grand Lux Cafe where they have these amazing made to order desserts.  We got apple pie and a molten chocolate cake.  Can I just say YUM!  And then he took me to buy some new running shoes which I have been wanting for a long time.  We had such a fun night.  Then he got a phone call from his boss saying he didn't have to go out of town anymore!  Yay!  He was supposed to leave on Saturday for 5 days and would have been gone over mother's day.  I was so happy he didn't have to go.  So on Saturday we got some stuff done around the house and took the boys to the pool!  On Sunday I got to sleep in and when I woke up, I found beautiful flowers and cards from both the boys and Jeremy.  And Jeremy already had dinner marinating in the fridge and was making me yummy buttermilk pancakes.  For dinner he made me yummy Kalbi ribs, rice and veggies.  And brownies for dessert.  And he cleaned the kitchen.  And laid both the boys down to sleep.  Did I mention I have the best hubby ever?!  I had such a wonderful weekend with my sweet boys and feel so loved and appreciated.  I am so incredibly blessed to be a mother.  I feel so much joy raising my sweet boys and working hard to make sure our home is a place of love and joy where the spirit can reside.  And I love love love my sweet hubby.  I also feel so blessed to have my mother, mother in law, and so many other wonderful women in my life.  Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a mother.

Tulips from Max and Ky for my garden.  And a pretty arrangement from Jeremy.  

photo (84) photo (83)

Love this picture of Ky at the pool

photo (82)

1 comment:

Familly said...

Oh that is so sweet. It's so nice to feel loved and appreciated. Love the flowers from your boys.