Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Four months old?!

I can't believe my baby is already four months old. Where has all the time gone? I know four months isn't that long, but he has changed so much! My friend Melinda did this tag and I wanted to do it. I am not very diligent in my journal keeping and I thought this would be a good way to remember becoming parents....

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? At my house
2- Who was with you? by myself
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? Preggo test, confirmed with a blood test
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Shock followed by tears and laughter! I decided to take one while Jeremy was at work. I figured it would be negative and then I could move on. I did the test and walked away for a minute while it was "deciding". I totally forgot about it! About an hour later I remembered so I went to check on it and it was positive!!! I just stared for a minute. Then I even grabbed the instructions and held the test up to it and just stared some more. I couldn't believe it was positive! I just sat in the bathroom and cried, laughed, and cried some more:)
5- Who was the first person you told? My friend Crystal Petersen. I found out in the morning and wanted to wait till Jeremy got home to surprise him. Plus my infertility Dr. wanted me to come in for a blood test right then. So I showed up on Crystals door step and the second she opened the door she knew I was pregnant! We just sat there both crying and laughing some more LOL. I feel a little bad Jeremy wasn't the first to know... but I was DYING to tell someone:)

6-Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes. We had been doing infertility treatments for what felt like forever!
7-Was everybody happy for you? Yes. Every time I got to tell someone I was pregnant it was so fun.
8- Did you go out and celebrate? We went out to TGI Fridays and then straight to Babies R US haha!
9- Did you want to find out the sex? Of course!
10- What was the sex? Boy for sure ;-)

11-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes...5
12- If yes, who? My family, Jeremy's Aunts in Salt Lake, my parents home ward, Kendall/Katie for my friends in Utah, Crystal/Kelsey/Jen/Shanta for my friends in Texas and a mini shower in Tahoe with my mother in law's side. I am soooo spoiled!
13- How much weight did you gain? 45lbs

14- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? Not yet. My baby is only 4 mo.
15- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? define alot.
16- What did you crave the most? Chocolate slim fasts and bean burritos from Taco bell (hence the 45 lbs weight gain)
17- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Probably my husband through no fault of his own. He was very sweet and considerate through my whole pregnancy. Love you babe!
18- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes. It was a twin pregnancy. The rest was smooth though.
19- Where were you when you went into labor? Cleaning during the Saturday general conference session. I was in labor most of the day. Around 8pm my contractions had been 5 min apart for an hour so we went to the hospital.
20- Did your water break? No. The Dr. on call broke it in the hospital
21- Who drove you to the hospital? Jeremy. I was worried I wasn't really in labor and that they would send me home. But on the way to the hospital they started hurting really bad. I was in pain during the contractions and then I would laugh in between because I couldn't believe I was actually in labor. (I know I'm weird) I was a 5 so they admitted me.
22- Did you go early or late? 12 days early. Max new the way to mommy's heart.
23- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Just Jeremy. My mom was able to catch a flight and arrived about 5 hours after he was born.

24- Was it video taped? No
25- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Epidural
26-Did you go Natural or have a c-section? Natural
27- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Pure amazement. I just couldn't believe he was mine.

28- Did your Husband cry? No, but he was choked up.
29- What did you name the baby? Max James

30- Did the baby have any complications? Not really. The cord was around his neck during delivery so the Dr. quickly cut it and he was fine.
31- How old is your baby today? 4 months old today!!

32- When is the next one coming? Not sure. If only I had a crystal ball....
33-If you could, would you do it all over again? Of course.

7 comments:

amanda said...

oh- i love it! IT makes me want a baby! He is sooo cute and I know the wait felt like forever-but what joy-I see it everytime time you or Jeremy are holding him!

Familly said...

That's so cute! I can't believe he's 4 months old. He sure is a cute baby!

Western Family said...

Tanner has the same pumpkin hat from the hospital. It was so sad when I was packing up his things to make room for Morgan to move in there and his clothes were so small. I can not beleive how fast they grow. It seems like yesterday that we were all pregnant.

Devri said...

He is such a cutie! That was fun to hear about your experiences becoming a mommy!

Crystal said...

You know, even though I knew all those thing about your pregnancy, and delivery, it still made me smile and think about how sweet it is to be pregnant and have a baby. And how excited we were when you came to my door the morning you found out...good times!! Our boys are growing WAY too fast...

Kendall said...

yay slim fasts! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brit, I miss you and you should come out here soon. I am glad everything is going well with you and max and jeremy. You should call next time you come down.
Brandy