Friday, August 7, 2009

Attempting domestication

Well I have been busy with many projects for the month of July… 

1. I made my own curtains for the kitchen!  Note to anyone who sews: If you come to my house please don’t look at them too closely as there are sure to be many flaws. The last time I have sewn was in junior high TLC and let’s just say it was harder than I thought it would be.  Thankfully Jeremy’s mom was in town to help me start them.  I love how they turned out!

  DSC01626DSC01629  DSC01633    

2. Homemade baby food

DSC01554   

The thought of making my own baby food has always sounded like such a daunting task… which is probably why I didn’t start till my baby was 9 months.  But I decided to give it a go and I love it!  It is so easy and I haven’t bought baby food in a month. It has saved me a bundle and more importantly Max LOVES it! Yes, that is spinach all over his face.  I had dropped some on his chair and in the 1/2 second it took me to grab a rag he managed to wipe it all over his face.  Yummy!

DSC01559 

His favorites seem to be spinach, peaches, baked squash with a bit of cinnamon, corn chowder, and every fruit combo I have tried.  Thanks Kendall for inspiring me to make it:)  

3. Jewelry!  My friend Shanta was nice enough to teach me how and it was so fun to learn.  Thanks Shanta!

DSC01643     

4. Cake Decorating!  Ok, so my cake struggles.  But I learned how and now I have no desire to do it again:)  Very time consuming.  BTW- It’s a dinosaur on top in case you can’t tell.  It’s a little sparse in parts because Max got impatient with me.

DSC01563

5. I made my own Jewelry organizer!  You can learn to make one here.  I found the video on line while I was searching for an answer to my pile of tangled up jewelry.  It looks sparse right now because I need to figure out a way to hang my necklaces too.  Any ideas?  Hooks are the only thing I can think of…  So it’s a work in progress.

DSC01637

Ok, ok, am I domestic yet? 

10 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I am super impressed with all that you are doing! I think your curtains look amazing!

Di said...

Love the curtains they look great! Have fun in California!

Angela said...

I am impressed with it all, but would really like your recipes for baby food--I so want to do this for my boys.

amanda said...

what can I say-you are perfect in every way! Jeremy is a lucky man and Max is a lucky boy! You are one awesome MAMA!!!!

Kendall said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your curtains!!! They are sooo cute. I am begining to be inspired to sew, I'm even taking my sewing machine to get tuned! You'll have to give me some lessons when you're in town next time. Oh and I am totally going to make the jewlery organizer. Everything is so cute! Go Brittany!

Deanna said...

way more domestic than I am!

Crystal said...

I wouldn't have been able to make those curtains...you should be proud! And for the record, I have looked closely and they are perfect!! I loved your cake too:) I tried some of Dez's cake and it was GOOD!! Have fun in Cali:)

Anonymous said...

Go Martha Stewart!! You hired to make me curtains anyday! Go you!

Anonymous said...

I would say you are! Baby food?!? And those curtains are adorable. Good job!

Jamie Smith said...

Yes, you are Definitely domestic! I am very impressed, you even made your own baby food! I have always wanted to do that, now I'm just happy if they actually get fed anything! I love the jewelry organizer! I really need to come up with something, because I never wear any, because I can never find it! Thanks for the idea, I'm going to have to steal that one!