Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update on Max… I know there haven’t been enough:)

So I know I have done a lot of Max posts lately, but for journaling purposes I needed to do his One Year update. 

Max’s One Year Dr. Apt Stats:

  • Height: 30 3/4 in. (75th percentile)
  • weight: 23 lbs. (50th percentile)

What Max is up to:

  • Crawling.  Still not walking.  He follows us around everywhere we go.
  • Refuses to stand on his own.  He could do it if he wanted, but the second we try he sits down.
  • He has seven teeth and is getting another.
  • First word was bum.  lovely. (I always say “Let’s go change your bum” and one day he replied back “bum?”).
  • He can also say:  Ball, Hi, Ya, and of course    Ma Ma, Da Da, Na Na and Ba Ba.
  • He makes this “Mmmmm” noise when something is really good.  It is super funny.  The other day he tried fried rice.  After every single bite he said “Mmmmmm”!
  • He smiles and laughs every single day.  I really don’t know a happier boy.  He smiles in almost every picture I take of him and he gives us these big belly laughs everyday.  I love it!
  • He has started getting shy around people he doesn’t know. 
  • He drinks milk from his sippy now.  He still has one bottle of formula before bed that I am trying to get him off of.  I need to just stop offering it to him, but I am sad to stop because the only time he will snuggle me is when he is drinking his bottle.
  • He loves to play in the dishwasher.
  • He thinks it’s funny to turn the TV off.
  • He loves to follow the cat.  The other day I caught him with the cat’s tail in his mouth!  SICK!
  • Favorite foods: Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, bread, oatmeal, go-gurts, most fruit, won’t touch real veggies but still loves them pureed…. whatever.

                   

DSC01927  DSC01834 DSC01838 DSC01843  DSC01864 DSC01865     DSC01885

       

Max enjoying his birthday presents….

He loves his Mater truck he got from some of our friends at his party.

DSC01921 

     

He got a rocking horse from my family that he loves and thinks it is so soft.

 DSC01935

“Who Me?”

                

DSC01936 

DSC01940

Giving his new horsey kisses:)

         

He got this walker/bike from Grandpa and Grandma Knudsen.  He is actually close to being able to walk holding onto it.

 DSC01944  DSC01943

For Max’s birthday I really wanted to get him a wagon from Jeremy and I.  Jeremy told me we couldn’t afford it right now so I was really bummed out.  Turns out he had already bought one and surprised us both!  Of course Max LOVES it!

DSC01950 DSC01948

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a cutie. I hope he is better. Chloe is so we need to get them together!