Friday, March 12, 2010

Max and Ollie…. Ollie and Max

As much as I would love to get rid of our cat, I have to admit it is really fun to watch Max with him.  They are the best of friends.  Every morning when I bring Max downstairs Ollie comes out from hiding to greet him.  Max excitedly yells “Kitty Cat” and walks over to do a full on body plant on top of the cat.  He pets him and gives him kisses.  Then he starts his play/torture of the cat.  He continually tries to hug the cat and frequently I find Max has the cat in a head lock so he can point out his “eye”, “no” (nose), and “ear”.  Once Ollie has had enough he runs away.  I feel kinda bad for Ollie, but I figure if he didn’t like Max he wouldn’t come out to greet him each morning and willingly subject himself to this torture.  And as much as I would love to be cat free, it is dang funny to watch them together.  Now I’m stuck because I can’t get rid of Max’s best friend. 

One of my favorite things they do is play in the backyard together.  Whenever I open the back door for Max to go out and play Ollie is right behind him.  The cat pretty much just runs all over the yard (playfully) while Max tries to chase him.  Max is never fast enough to catch Ollie, but it seems like a pretty fun game for the both of them.  Max always laughs hysterically when he just about catches up but then Ollie jumps to run away.  They will literally play this game for an hour:)

IMG_0009IMG_0035 IMG_0008  IMG_0010 IMG_0033

3 comments:

katers said...

How cute! I have to say, I feel guilty that I'm not more of a pet person, because Drew LOVES animals.

It's cute that Max has a little buddy to play with. Maybe it will be easier to get rid of the kitty when Kyler is big enough to play with! :)

And cute belly! You look great! Hang in there, you're almost done. :)

Kendall said...

Seeing pictures of ollie reminds me of how Zack would go find him everyday and he didn't exactly want to hang out with Zack :) And way cute preggo pic! You look awesome!!!!!!!

Deanna said...

This is hilarious! Chloe would have a ball with Ollie - and Max. When are you free for a play date?