Monday, March 21, 2011

Playhouse!

Yep. We decided to get a playhouse for the boys with our tax return.  It was a BEAST to put together!  I mean, not for me because I didn’t do anything.  But for Jeremy, Caleb, Nate and Marlo it was a beast.  Holy cow it took forever and had a million screws.  I’m pretty sure our friends were all reconsidering our friendship after helping us for three Saturdays.  But now it is finished and we love it!  The boys play on it every single day and now I can’t imagine living with out it.

Day 1:  Wasn’t joking about the hundreds of screws.  Yikes!

IMG_1474IMG_1007

The progress after a full Saturday’s work:

IMG_1475

The finished product after 3 Saturdays.  YAY!

IMG_1082

IMG_1101

IMG_1832 IMG_1839IMG_1132 IMG_1105 IMG_1107  IMG_1133

Trying Oh so hard to reach the top so he can play with Max…

IMG_1135

IMG_1086   IMG_1096

IMG_1844 IMG_1799

                                                 

Max drags all his blankets and stuffed animals up in the playhouse.  He also likes to sneak outside with his food, carries it all up the ladder so he can eat it in his playhouse. 

IMG_1782 IMG_1783IMG_1785IMG_1793IMG_1794

These beloved items spent the night outside one night.  I didn’t realize they were out there and we searched forever for them.  I found them out there the next morning along with his kids meal from the night before.  He was trying to eat it…. yuck!

IMG_1795

IMG_1136

      

Okay, this picture cracks me up!  I took it with my iphone and somehow the picture got messed up and it made it look like Max has a mustache and bushy eyebrows!

IMG_1087

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That looks like it was tons of work to put together, but so worth it! I bet they are having a blast!!

kelsey and murray said...

i wanna come play ;) i bet your boys will love that this summer!

Anonymous said...

So awesome! Yes we do need to go to utah at the same time. We seem to miss each other every time. That would be way fun to see the kids playing and having fun together :) Your playhouse looks so fun! We have been thinking about getting one for a while now and still have not made the decision yet but I think it will be yes cause I want my boys outside playing during the summer not inside watching tv all day long. So the money it costs is probably going to be worth it. Even on our poor med school budget. haha. I'm sure your boys enjoy it though. Heck I would love it. :)