Happy Independence Day!
On Monday we had more of a low key day. We were still recovering from our little trip so we were pretty tired. We went to go see Cars 2 in the morning, again with the Petersen’s and Jones. In the evening we went to Chuy’s for dinner with the Petersens. Neither of us has family here and neither of us wanted to cook so it was great. We then went home and watched a movie and put the kiddos to bed. Kinda lame but we couldn’t do fireworks because of the firework ban and the boys were so exhausted from our weekend that they were happy to go to bed early. Anyways, all in all it was a really fun 4th of July weekend. I feel so blessed to live here in America and for all the freedoms we enjoy. I have to admit though, its one of the holidays that I get the most homesick… besides Christmas of course. It was a little depressing to not be at our family barbeques back home… swimming, eating good food, lighting fireworks, and enjoying my dad’s homemade ice cream. {sigh}.
No comments:
Post a Comment