I was talking to a friend a while back who told me she feels like a bad mom when she reads other Mom’s blogs. Their lives always seem so neatly put together… kids dressed cute, house clean, crafty projects going on all the time, etc. They seem to be able to accomplish a million things all while looking like a super model. I know what she means, I feel it too sometimes. I myself have to admit, I am guilty of blogging about the fun times, while leaving out the crazy. I post only the pictures that I think I look skinny in, and leave out the other “fat ones”. Do you do this? Maybe it’s just me. Anyways, in an effort to keep it real… I present to you the email I sent to Jeremy this morning describing my day thus far……
“So don't worry... Max has pooped his pants twice today. The first time he came to tell me after he had already done it. We went to the potty and dumped it in... but he got poo all over the toilet seat and it fell out of his underwear onto the rug. awesome. Then when I had just sat down to eat my pork salad, he told me he had to go potty. He had just peed on the potty 2 seconds earlier so I didn’t think it was urgent. but I started to take off his shorts anyways and all of a sudden he pooped out a ton... filled up his underwear. running down his leg onto the carpet. got all over me. I had to strip him in the shower and bathe him. And now there are poo chunks all over in the shower and my salad is soggy.
just venting. I know you are too busy to write back. Probably even too busy to read this. But maybe I will feel better if I just vent. Also, I have bachelorette tonight don't forget. I may not return :-)”
Lovely isn’t it? I don’t even think I made sense in most of the email. I was just too frustrated to make any sense. Now I am laughing at my crazy day. Max has been doing so good with potty training, I think maybe he wasn’t feeling good? Poor boy. I know it is kinda gross to blog about poop, but that has been my day thus far. Also, I should add that I am still in pj’s, my house is a mess, and my visiting teachers came over this morning and witnessed it all. Can I get a do over?
6 comments:
My kind of blogging sista! Yes, I too have felt the bad mom sting from looking at other people's blogs and wondering what is wrong with me and my life. I'd like it if the truth showed through a little more often on mommy blogs...or if that is the truth, then I wish they'd lie about it a little more often :)
It's nice to know other people has days like that too! Thanks for sharing!
Haha Brittany I love you! You're so awesome and it totally made me week to read this :) I love your honesty and wish I could watch the.bacherlorette with you!
You know everyone has days like this, you're just brave enough to post it.
Love love love it!
That is real life and nobody can tell me different.
Love this post. Thanks for keein' it real. This brings back potty training memories that are still too fresh to even want to start training another one. I think I may higher someone ; )
Post a Comment