Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Max’s First Day of Preschool

Today was a very big day (as you can see by the fact that many of my words in this post are in all caps).  Max went to preschool and LOVED it!  I was so nervous about how he would react when I left him there so we had been talking about school and preparing him for a few weeks now.  He has been super excited for weeks but then when we got to the classroom we wasn’t too sure.  He was a little nervous when I left him but the rest of the day went great, according to his teachers.  He has 2 of the sweetest teachers ever, Mrs. Marie and Mrs. Andrea.  In Texas most of the preschools are at different churches and so we decided on the Methodist church “Weekday Learning” program.  It is such a great school and so far I just have felt so good about it.  It’s only on Tues and Thurs so it’s not too much.  They start the day off by going down the hall to “chapel”, where they learn bible stories and sing and dance.  Since today was the very first day I peaked in the back to watch Max.  He ran up to the front with the other kids and thought it was great!  I decided to sneak out after that because I didn’t want to risk Max seeing me.  The rest of their day is filled with fun activities, learning, playing, lunch time, etc.  I was also really worried at how Max would do with the potty but he did fabulous!  The teachers said he told them both times when he needed to go and had no problems.  HUGE relief!  I had the BEST day with my cute little Kyler.  It was so fun to spend the morning with just the two of us and I am still so amazed at how easy it feels to run errands with just one kid.  Seriously! And Ky was the best little shopper ever.  I hit up so many different stores and he was a little angel.  To top the day off when I went back to pick up Max he was asleep!  I knew the school has nap time at the end and I thought there was absolutely NO WAY Max would nap.  But he sure did!  I laughed so hard when I walked into his classroom to see him snoozing away on his nap mat.  When I woke him up he was so happy to see me and went on and on about how fun school is.  I can’t even describe how relieved I feel right now to know he loves school, his best friend Noah is in his class,  he goes potty at school with no problems, made new friends, and has two sweet teachers who will take good care of my precious little boy. 

Also, Max was super excited about his green dinosaur back pack and his scoobydoo lunchbox that he picked out himself.  Out of 20 different kinds of lunchboxes, Max managed to pick out the ugliest one on the shelf.  Really it is ugly.  But he was so excited about it and that’s all that matters. 

lunch box

51kY5I1uvUL._SL500_AA300_

Ready to go to school:  He looks so grown up I can hardly stand it.

IMG_1985IMG_1986

IMG_1984

In his classroom:  They are the “lambs” class

IMG_5807

IMG_5805

Following his teachers to Chapel:

IMG_5810

Proof for Jeremy that Max actually DID nap at school:

IMG_5819IMG_5818

Crystal and Noah

320344_10150292268326806_681511805_8129997_133553_n

Noah with the boys’ teachers Mrs. Marie and Mrs. Andrea.  Max was in no mood for any more pictures at this point so I stole this picture from Crystal’s facebook

296067_10150292268141806_681511805_8129994_5147012_n

My little shopping buddy.  We had so much fun shopping and getting lunch at Jason’s Deli.  He was so tired and fell asleep on the way home.

IMG_2145

IMG_2140IMG_2147

Chick-fil-a shakes after school to celebrate!  I love my two happy little boys!

IMG_2150

IMG_2149

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany! I just read about your big boy Max's first day of PRESCHOOL! SO fun to read. Beautiful boys! -Janis