Friday, May 17, 2013

Other February Happenings

February was forever ago and I can’t believe I am just barely blogging about it.  But here is what I can remember based on my pictures.  One of the best thing that happened in February is that Kendall came to visit!  We had a blast going away to San Marcos for the weekend to go shopping and eat out.  Also we got the worst mani’s and pedi’s ever but it was still fun to be together.  Her visit always goes by way too fast!  IMG_5231  IMG_5223IMG_5222

The other big thing that happened in Feb. is Max moved into Kyler’s room and we got bunk beds.  I have the cutest story about that… We had been trying to prepare Max that when the baby comes he would need to share a room with Kyler.  Well every time we would mention it he would get really upset because he didn’t want to have to leave his room.  I was feeling kind of bad because I don’t blame him for not wanting to give up his room for the baby.  Anyways, I wasn’t sure what to do about so I kind of put it off.  Soon after we found out the baby was indeed, a sister as Max had known all along, I had the sweetest experience with Max.  I took the boys to Target and told them that if they were good I would buy them popcorn.  It was the worst shopping trip ever!  The boys were being maniacs, fighting, throwing tantrums.  I think at one point Max even head butted Kyler.  I ended up having to abandon my shopping list and head straight to the check out counter so I could get the H out of there.  I made a B line for the car and both the boys started bawling hysterically when they realized they weren’t getting their popcorn.  I was so mortified as I was loading them up in the car.  Telling them how disappointed I was in the them and that not only were they not getting popcorn, they would be going straight to time out when we got home.  The bawling continued most of the way home.  Finally they both calmed down.  After a few minutes of dead silence, Max replied “Mommy?  I’m so sorry I was a bad boy.  Baby Jane can have my room”.  Oh gosh melt my freaking heart.  But seriously after that moment he was absolutely fine about sharing a room with Kyler and would proudly tell everyone he knows that he was going to let his little sister have his room.  Love that boy.  We got them bunk beds and they never looked back.  They LOVE them and have actually done really well in them.  I thought there would be an adjustment getting them to sleep in the same room, but after about ten minutes of playing, they went right to sleep and slept through the whole night without any problems.  Yay!

IMG_5189 IMG_5176IMG_5174 IMG_5172

The Rockets game with my three boyfriends

IMG_5303 IMG_5302IMG_5301 IMG_5300IMG_5284IMG_5277

IMG_5275 IMG_5276 IMG_5271IMG_5270 IMG_5281 IMG_5278

One day as I was cleaning out Max’s backpack I found this school picture of Lindy that Max keeps in there.  So sweet.

IMG_5247

Lunch date with Daddy downtown at Red Robin.  Kyler was in the car too but refused to get in the picture

IMG_5430

Chillin’ at the dentist.  Max did great but Kyler flipped out.  He looked so adorable while they were working on Max that I had to take some pics

IMG_5269 IMG_5268 IMG_5267IMG_5266 IMG_5265 IMG_5264

At the mall with my little lunch date while Max was at preschool.  I’m going to miss spending my Tuesdays and Thursdays alone with this little sweetheart

IMG_5262

Other random pictures

IMG_5251 IMG_5243IMG_5240 IMG_5188

IMG_5218 IMG_5217IMG_5163 IMG_5259IMG_5422

No comments: