Oh boy. Potty training deserves it’s own post. I’m not going to lie, it is my least favorite mothering task. I was overly confident that I would be able to crank it out and do the “Potty party in a day” like I did with Max. Well, “a day” turned into “A MONTH”. I have decided there is a difference in a child being ready to be potty trained and being INTERESTED in potty training. Kyler was definitely showing all the signs that he was ready, but he just wasn’t interested. He caught the concept quickly, but let’s just say if he was playing with a toy upstairs or outside, he would rather have an accident in his underwear than have to stop playing to go to the potty. He didn’t really care much about the treats, or even when I bribed him with new toys. Don’t judge… I was desperate. Let’s just say I drank a lot of dr pepper and ate A LOT of chocolate in the month of February. But I am happy to report that he has officially been potty trained for a few months now and doing great! What finally got him to potty train by bribing him with a brand new Bumble bee transformer. Also, since the potty chart and stickers didn’t motivate him, I got Max in on it. I made a new chart with a section for Max and a section for Kyler. I guess brother’s really are competitive because soon it became a race to see who could get the most potty stickers on the chart. Max quickly lost interest as you can tell but Kyler killed it. Whatever works.
At Toys R Us picking up his Bumble Bee transformers prize for finally being done potty training!! Best. Day. Ever.
The rest of these pictures were taken on Potty Party Day, AKA the first day we started potty training process. Max was at school and so Kyler and I spent the whole day working on it. I covered the floor in towels and we spent the day eating lots of snacks, ready potty books and practicing.
Eating salt and vinegar chips and drinking some diet dp to get lots of chances to use the potty. Desperate times I tell ya. Don’t judge. At least the diet dp was caffeine free. Well, HIS was caffeine free. Not mine. Obviously.
Also lots of potty treats
That didn’t work so we tried the red potty. I swear he would hold it in for hours! I finally just let him watch a movie while sitting on the potty eating chips. Whatever.
Watching Thomas the Train while waiting to go… ahem.. number 2.
I do have to say, even though I wanted to pull my hair out, we were still smiling at the end of the day. I really did enjoy the extra time with him as we practiced and I got lots of snuggles in between. Love that boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment