Monday, May 20, 2013

Florida according to my iphone

We had a blast going to Destin, Florida with our good friends in April.  We had great weather and enjoyed getting lots of beach time in.  However we came home with a souvenir we weren’t quite expecting… a cast on Max’s arm!  The first night there he rolled out of his bed and broke his arm.  Major Bummer!  The poor boy couldn’t boogie board and swim very well.  But I am so proud of him for making the best of it.  He had a soft cast on for the week we were there and then he got a hard cast up to his armpit the day we got home.  While we were in Florida we found a waterproof cast cover at Walgreens and so he was still able to play in the sand and get in the ocean.  Since it was a fracture in his Right arm, it made doing anything pretty difficult.  But he didn’t let it slow him down too much and I was so surprised he didn’t get too frustrated with it.  Our trip was still amazing and we sure loved soaking up all that Florida sun.  It was our second year in a row going with friends and I hope we continue the tradition as long as we all live here.  It’s been a month and my boys ask me daily if we can go back to “our Florida house”.  And every morning that Jeremy has to go to work Max asks him if he is going to work so he can get us money to go back to Florida.  It really was the best vacation, minus the broken arm.  These are all the pictures I got on my phone.  I’m a bad travel friend because I’m too lazy to bring my nice camera and I’m always worried about getting sand on it.  But the other families we went with took great pictures that I’ll make sure to post!

IMG_5628IMG_5782 - Copy

 IMG_5630 IMG_5635 IMG_5636IMG_5637

 

Day two:  In the ER with a broken arm.  He’s pretty happy here but the tears came soon after.  Poor boy.

IMG_5638 IMG_5639

IMG_5646 IMG_5645IMG_5647

IMG_5650 IMG_5651 IMG_5654IMG_5657

IMG_5661 IMG_5666IMG_5667

IMG_5669 IMG_5670IMG_5671 IMG_5675IMG_5684 IMG_5686IMG_5689 IMG_5692

IMG_5682 IMG_5683IMG_5678

IMG_5694 IMG_5696

Eating out at a fun restaurant on the boardwalk.  Poor Max fell asleep at the dinner table and Jeremy had to carry him around.  PS how cute are Kyler and Lyla.  They are the sweetest little friends and I’m obsessed.

IMG_5704

IMG_5698 IMG_5699 IMG_5702

The guys took all the kiddos to see The Croods while us Mommies got a few hours on the beach to ourselves

IMG_5700

Hitting up the bowling ally and arcades on a rainy day.  Max bowling one handed was interesting.  I’m surprised he didn’t get frustrated.  I would have been!

IMG_5707 - Copy IMG_5712 - Copy IMG_5732IMG_5713 IMG_5715 - Copy IMG_5734IMG_5716 - Copy IMG_5718 IMG_5720

Kyler’s celebration moves….“YES!”

IMG_5721 IMG_5722 IMG_5723IMG_5724 IMG_5727

IMG_5735 IMG_5739 IMG_5740IMG_5741 IMG_5745

One of our trips to Krispy Kreme’s. 

IMG_5747IMG_5752IMG_5755

Go cart racing was a blast!  Probably one of my boys favorite parts of the trip.  I’m kindof surprised it didn’t put me into labor though.  It was a wild ride!

IMG_5760 IMG_5756IMG_5757 IMG_5762IMG_5765 IMG_5767

IMG_5768 - Copy IMG_5770 - Copy IMG_5771 - CopyIMG_5772 - Copy IMG_5775 - CopyIMG_5778 - Copy IMG_5779 - CopyIMG_5785 IMG_5786IMG_5789 IMG_5790 IMG_5804

Lulu planting kisses on Max

IMG_5815 IMG_5811IMG_5812 IMG_5816

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That trip looks like heaven! Totally having beach envy right now! So sorry about Max's arm. Poor guy! :-( Glad your trip was a success!