Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Happy Half Birthday!

I can’t believe my baby is half way to his first birthday!  He turned six months last Sunday.  It was General Conference and the whole time I just kept thinking that the last time we were watching conference (in October) I was having a baby!  I was having contractions all day Saturday while I listened to conference and timed contractions.  Then that night Jeremy was trying to decide if he should go to priesthood session.  I told him he better stay home just in case and then fifteen minutes later we were on our way to the hospital!  I just can’t believe that was six months ago.  I am so in love with being a mommy. 

My friend Kelsey took these pictures.  For those of you who aren’t from Texas, bluebonnet season is a big deal here.  Everyone wants to get their pictures taken during bluebonnet season.  Now I see why.  Aren’t these flowers beautiful?!!  Thanks Kels!  As always, your pictures are amazing.  I had to post a bunch of them because I am in love with them all!

039

 003  014

No he didn’t fall out.

008021

My lil’ buckaroo!  The barrel and cowboy hat are from his room.

027 034

I love Max’s funny face in this one.

037  059 062 076  100086

Some cute things about my little munchkin…

-He loves it when I whisper in his ear.  He listens intently with a little smile on his face like I am telling him a secret.

-He laughs at the silly things I do all day long.  But when I try to show Jeremy what I did to make him laugh, Max just looks at me like I am crazy.  He still saves his biggest laughs for Jeremy.DSC01132DSC01101DSC01135

-He now sits long enough for me to take a picture.  I’m pretty sure he is planning on skipping the whole rolling over thing and going straight for sitting up.  My little overachiever:) I have been trying to get this kid to roll over forever.  He’s only done it twice.  I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what he is doing. He figures he doesn’t like to be on his tummy so why would he want to roll over? 

DSC01152 DSC01148 DSC01149

-He is my morning sunshine!  He wakes up around eight and just talks to himself and rolls around in his crib till I come get him.  When he sees me he gives me his biggest cheeser smile and starts kicking his legs excitedly for me to pick him up.

-He still snuggles me sometimes in the morning.  I still can’t believe I can get back into bed with him and he will just snuggle up close to me and put his hand on my face.

 DSC01143

- He loves his lotion rub downs after his bath.  I love lathering him up because he literally lays there looking all relaxed with a smile on his face as I rub his arms, legs and back.  It is hilarious!

-He loves his jumperoo.  But I have to keep the sound off because every time that monkey makes a sound it scares him and he cries.  Gets him every time.
DSC01107


-He still talks.  A lot.  My favorite is when he gets really excited it turns into this high pitched girly voice.  It’s ok if I think it is cute for now right?

-We just started him on his third solid feeding a day.  Not that any of you really care but just for future references his eating schedule is….

breakfast: baby cereal, some fruit and a 6 oz. bottle lunch: jar of meat/veggie and an 8 oz bottle       dinner: one veggie, one fruit and a 6 oz. bottle bedtime: 8-10 oz. bottle

-Max is still a cat-napper.  He takes three naps a day.  Although I think he is close to dropping the third one.  Most of his naps are still only about 30-45 min.  I am starting to see more 1- 1 1/2 hour naps though.  Hopefully his naps will continue to get better.  But I can’t complain because he still sleeps from 8pm-8am. I am so spoiled.

Stats from the doctors office…

Weight: 17 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. (60th percentile)

Height:  27 in. (75th percentile)

Head circ: 17 3/4 in. (60th percentile)

Max’s 1st Easter!

  DSC01159

The Easter bunny left him some toys and sippy cups.

DSC01158DSC01162DSC01161

Max’s church outfit for Easter.  Such a handsome boy!  After church we went over to a friends house for dinner and dessert. 

15 comments:

Harward Family said...

He is so ADORABLE and your family pictures turned out perfect! They just grow up so fast I can't believe that my baby just turned one!

Devri said...

Happy half birthday cute little Max! What gorgeous pictures! I love them! Your family is beautiful!

Clark Family said...

Awwww he is sooooo big!! He is the most smiling little baby even more than mine! He takes the best pics so do ya'll! such a pretty fam! Boys can be pretty too! I love the barrel! Cute cute cute!

Angela said...

Um, so if you turn around one day, and Max is missing, just come find me. I am looking for the perfect opportunity to borrow him--he is so stinkin adorable! I love your blue bonnet pictures.

Karrissa Winward said...

Those pictures turned out great!

Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness, he could not be any cuter! Those pictures are awesome! I love the barrel ones.

Kelsey said...

No, if Max is missing he will be at my house! =) Love him! That was a great recap of a post. Its great to write these things down. Glad you liked your pics! =)

Western Family said...

Max is so cute and he is such a happy little guy. I can't get over how much he has grown. Time flyes way to fast. Cherish those snuggle moments because once he starts walking there is not much time for mommy :)

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is sooo adorable. And you look beautiful in those pics. That blue is your color!!

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

Your family pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I loved the blue flowers!! You guys look so dang happy, it just makes me smile to see you and your beautiful family Brit. I miss you so much!

Familly said...

Your pictures turned out so good, I love them. Max has got the cutest smile.

Kendall said...

So cute!! I love your family pictures they are so beautiful.

Deanna said...

You are so lucky that he snuggles with you! Chloe won't and I am so sad. That is funny that he gets scared by his monkey - we need to get together again soon!

Carla Anne said...

He is SOOOO Stinking Cute!!!

melanie said...

i love the close-ups of you and him, they are so cute. Well they are all cute, those are just my favs.