Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Truly Blessed

This Thanksgiving I just keep thinking how thankful I am for all I have been blessed with.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and the sweetest little boy who makes me smile every single day.  I am blessed to have the gospel in my life, and all our loved ones are healthy and safe.  Life is good.

Yesterday my family had a reminder of how blessed we truly are.  My brother Nate was on his way home to St. George late at night and fell asleep at the wheel.  He hit the median and rolled several times.  A lady driving not far behind him said she lost count of how many times he rolled. 

photo

Fortunately, he has no serious injuries and no other cars were hit.  The highway patrolman told Nate this accident is 100% fatality rate and that he must have something here on earth he is still supposed to do.  He said he has never seen anything like it and had there been any other passengers they would not be alive.  You can see in the picture there is just a little space above the driver’s side that isn’t smashed.

So today, I am thankful for life.  I am thankful for the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father.  I am thankful all the people I love in my life are healthy and safe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had tears in my eyes just reading this. So glad he is okay. He must of had angels with him.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Crystal said...

Oh, Britt, I am so glad he is ok. How scary! I loved your post, it was so sweet. I am glad your family can be together this Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time together:)

Kendall said...

oh my goodness how scary! I'm so glad he is ok.

Familly said...

Wow! That is so scary. I am glad he's okay, that's amazing. I can't believe how smashed the car was.

Deanna said...

SO glad he is okay. That is an amazing picture.

America said...

Brit, I am SOOOO glad that he will be alright and nothing fatal happened! Please know that your family is in our prayers.

DELYNN said...

Oh my gosh. I am so glad he is okay. With little injury. Wow.