Sunday, April 25, 2010

Captain Kyler’s Room

Kyler’s Pirate room is complete… for now.  There are still a few more things I want to do and a few bare places that are driving me nuts.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I had a ton of fun doing it.

IMG_0237  IMG_0207 

    

Here is a view of the room.  The oar for the curtain rod is officially the most random thing I have ever ordered online.  I got it from Cabela’s for $15 and then sanded and repainted it.

The crib and dresser I got off of Kingwood Yard Sales for a steal!  They were a natural wood color and a little banged up so we refinished them in black.  I really like how they turned out!  And now I have absolutely NO desire to ever refinish furniture again.  What a pain!  But it sure saved us some $$

IMG_0210

IMG_0213 IMG_0211

The treasure map is probably one of my favorite parts of the room.  I found a lady on ETSY that makes them.  She even put both Kyler and Max’s name into the map and it turned out awesome!

The two ships and pirate I got off of Kingwood yard sales also.  I was super excited when I found them. 

IMG_0212

        

My sweet and talented friend made this Captain Kyler sign. So darling!

IMG_0222

It’s hard to see from the picture.  But the bedding has skulls on it.  Not creepy skulls, cute skulls.  There is a difference haha. 

IMG_0214

IMG_0217

IMG_0218

    

I also got this beauty off of Kingwood yard sales.  For about a month I saw the trunk listed and desperately wanted it.  It was only $30 but I would have had to drive over an hour a way to get it.  On Valentine’s Day Jeremy surprised me with it!  I know that sounds like a weird V-Day present, but it was the best present ever!  I loved it!  And isn’t it the perfect treasure chest?

IMG_0219

The picture says “Savy Lil Swashbuckler”.  My talented friend also designed that vinyl and I think it turned out super cute with a frame I already had.

IMG_0220IMG_0221     

So I know this entire post should be an ad for Kingwood Yard Sales, but I really did find some steals that I am soooo excited about!  One other thing I found was saloon doors for Cowboy Max’s room:)  I refinished them of course, but they were only ten bucks! 

It should be noted that my husband did not have so much fun with Kyler’s room nor does he enjoy hanging oars and saloon doors on our walls…and this is him writing this last sentence.

 IMG_0242 IMG_0241

13 comments:

Carla Anne said...

So pretty much I think you can read my mind. I LOVE skulls for little boys! If we ever have a boy he will look like he is a Max and Kyler impersonator! Very creative with the ore, Awesome!! LOVE IT!

katers said...

So cute! You want to come to Utah and decorate my kids' rooms since I've NEVER done it? And Parker is almost 4? I don't even know where to start!!

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed. It looks great! You should be proud. -Hubby too! ;-)

shea said...

Wow you are waaay to creative for me :) I love his room and I love his name. Sooo cute. Good luck tomorrow I hope everything goes well! Post pictures soon!!

Angela said...

So cute! I've been meaning to post pics of my nursery, but haven't ever gotten good pics. I think you've inspired me...

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW Brit that is soooo cute! You did an awesome job! I LOVE all the details. And good job Jeremy for helping. I BUILT and decorated our baby's room all by myself when I was 8 months prego... yes I am still mad about that.

Colby-Paige Hargis said...

You have awesome taste Brit!!!!! I loved Kylers room!!!!

Familly said...

That turned out so cute! Good job you're so talented...

Deanna said...

It looks so awesome! You are way more ambitious than I am - Marlo is probably glad for that - ha ha!

Nate said...

Seriously Britt, you are an awesome nursery decorater:)!! I'll have to give you the name of the person we get to hang our next projects, because Nate said he wasn't hanging another object on the wall...and he hasn't hung anything close to nets, burlap, oars, or saloon doors, lol! It was worth it though, it's so cute!

Nate said...

That was Crystal, not Nate:)

DELYNN said...

ADORABLE!! you have such a talent for decorating. I love it!

melanie said...

You might have the cutest little boys rooms ever!!!