Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beautiful Utah in the Fall

A few weeks ago I decided to put on my big girl pants and take the boys to Utah by myself.  Well, by myself meaning Jeremy didn’t come until the tail end of it.  Since my mom had come out for Max’s birthday the first week in October, she graciously let us fly back with her so she could help me survive the flight.  The boys and I then spent 2 weeks at my parents house.  Oh. My. Word.  Can I just say how absolutely gorgeous Utah is in the fall?  This was the first time I came home during the fall since we moved to Houston almost 5 years ago.  Oh how I have missed the change in seasons!  The weather in Utah was Heavenly!  Crisp in the morning and warming during the day.  The fall colors were so pretty, as well as the snow caped mountains.  And of course we loved spending time with family and friends.  However, things didn’t go quite as planned.  Before I came into town I foolishly thought I would have so much time to visit all my family and friends, but instead the boys and I decided to get sick.  And by sick I mean we were hacking our lungs out, congested, nasty noses, etc for over a week.  It was super hard to be sick and not have Jeremy there to help me.  And I feel so sad that there are so many people I didn’t get to see because of it.  So if you are one of those people, I’m sorry! 

Jeremy came into town the last week of October to celebrate Halloween with us.   Since I had already spent 2 weeks at my parents, we moved over to Jeremy’s parents to spend some time with them.  It was super fun getting time in with cousins, family, and of course the dogs.  My boys were obsessed with the dogs and spent the majority of their time outside in the backyard.  It was so nice that they got to enjoy the beautiful weather so much.  The last few days of our trip got cold, it made it a little harder to leave Utah and come back to hot Texas.  I’m so excited for the holidays, but it also is extra hard to live away from family during the holidays.  Somehow listening to Christmas music when it is 80 degrees outside just isn’t the same.

Despite being sick some of our trip, we did manage to have a lot of fun of course!  It’ll take me a few posts to get all the pictures on here… we were there for 3 weeks so I have a ton of pictures!  And they were all taken on my phone so not the best quality. 

For now I will just post about the plane rides.  The plane ride went ok going to Utah.  Max was an angel, Kyler was a maniac.  He is just at the age where he doesn’t want to sit in my lap, won’t nap on my lap, and wants to run up and down the isles.  It went ok all in all.  But the ride home was PURE TORTURE!  Both the boys had ear infections from being sick… Max was again a complete angel but Kyler was terrible.  Although I know it wasn’t his fault because he didn’t feel good.  He bawled almost the whole time, wouldn’t sleep, and I literally felt like I needed a sedative by the time we made it home.  But that’s ok.  I know it’s just the name of the game when you have kids and live away from home.  You have to deal with traveling with those small kids.  But I know it will get better as they get older.  I took these on the way to Utah when they were behaving.  They were so cute stuffing their faces with Cheetos. 

IMG_2310  IMG_2305  IMG_2297

No comments: