The day we were supposed to fly back to Houston went a little something like this…. Max woke me up at 6 am to say he had to go poop. Next thing I know I am running him to the bathroom so he could sit on the potty and throw up into the garbage can at the same time. Gross details I know. But he was seriously so sick and the boys and I were literally supposed to be leaving for the airport in 3 hours. Not. Happening. No way was I going to fly by myself with two kids while one of them was so ill. So we had to change our flight, but the only thing available was the next day. I was worried that he wouldn’t be better by then, or worse that Kyler or myself would catch whatever he had. Thankfully only Max got sick. Poor Max puked his guts out all day long. It would have been awful but Aunt Lindy came to the rescue! She took Kyler out for almost the whole day. They went to Krispy Kremes and I don’t even know where else. Kyler had a blast and I was able to snuggle my sick boy and take care of him. She brought Kyler back at nap time, and in her hands she had Costa Vida for me, and Gatorade and fishy crackers for Max. Sweetest sister ever. She really saved the day. My Dad was able to give Max a blessing and by the evening he was completely better. I seriously have the worst luck when I am traveling alone with kids. The last time I flew home both boys had double ear infections and Kyler screamed for almost the entire flight. I bawled my eyes out when we landed. I can laugh about it now but I mean seriously. I’m ready for an uneventful flight.
Kyler having the time of his life with Aunt Lindy
Flying home the next day. As you can see Max was back to his normal happy self, entertaining himself with the camera on my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment