Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stitches for my baby

This week Kyler got SEVEN stitches under his lip.  Here is the story… 

I was just shutting the door after letting my visiting teachers in, when I turned around in time to see Kyler fall.  I didn’t really see exactly what happened because I was behind him, but I’m pretty sure he fell and smacked his chin on the molding on the corner of our staircase.  He bit clear through with both his front teeth!  So I picked him up as he is screaming and blood was just gushing everywhere.  I ran him over to the kitchen sink and grabbed a rag to try to stop the bleeding, but I knew right away that he was going to need stitches.  My visiting teachers were so great!  They immediately left and took Max home with them to play.  I headed to the ER with Kyler, and on the way I called Jeremy.  We got there and within 15 minutes we were seen by the doctor, who told us Kyler needed stitches.  Jeremy came just as they were getting everything ready.  Can I just say, the stitching up was AWFUL.  They strapped him in this little boarded straight jacket type thing.  But he was so sweaty from trying to get out, and so bloody that he was sliding out.  So they had to call in four other nurses to help hold him down.  It was so hard to be in the room watching, while he was bawling for me and I couldn’t do anything for him.  My mommy heart hurt so bad for him.  Afterward, they handed him to me for some loves and he was literally covered in blood.  It was all over his face, all in his curly hair, everywhere!  We went home for some serious snuggles and lots of popsicles and ice cream.  My poor baby! So this was the last week of summer and he couldn’t go to the pool, do swimming of any kind, or eat any of his favorite foods.  Thankfully he gets his stiches out this Wednesday.  He keeps asking me to kiss him on the lips and it is like kissing whiskers!  The stitches are so pokey.  But I still give his cute little lips kisses so they will get better.  Love that boy.

 

Waiting for stitches

photo 1 (16)photo 3 (7)

Getting stitches.  Is it a little morbid/messed up that I secretly snapped this picture?  There is a fourth nurse that you can’t see up at the top holding his head.  And the other picture is after we got all the blood cleaned of his face and out of his hair.  We were just waiting to be discharged.  Poor baby.  I snuggled him all day long and gave him lots of kisses.  And popsicles.  Love that boy.

photo 4 (6)  photo 5 (2)

No comments: