Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Disney On Ice

The first week of December we decided to kick off the holidays by taking Kyler and Max out on a special date to Disney on Ice.  Jane got to stay home for the first time with our favorite babysitter Heather.  It was so nice to have a night out with just the boys and make them feel special.  They each got to pick out a souvenir.  Both boys chose a Buzz Lightyear twirling light up toy that provided entertainment for weeks.   Note to self, never take the boys to get their flu mist on the day of anything important!  We were about 30 minutes into Disney on Ice when Kyler started feeling sick.  He spiked a fever and had no energy.  The poor boy was miserable!  I know people say you can’t get the flu from the mist.  But I’m calling it.  Bull!  It happened last year within 24 hours of him getting the mist as well. He must just be extra sensitive because Max never gets sick after his.  Next year I think I will be mean and make Kyler get the shot instead.  He was sick through most the show and I felt horrible for him.  The only up side was that the next day we snuggled all day on the couch while he twirled his Buzz toy.  Disney was completely magical for Max and I adored watching him watch the show.  To him, Mickey and Minnie and all the other Disney characters were real.  He was even sure that Mickey waved directly at him and he was quick to wave back.  One of the best Mommy moments of my life.  Also random Santa pictures at the end of this post.  While Jane and I were shopping earlier that day, we passed Santa and he stopped to take a picture without me even asking.  Sweet Santa.

IMG_7675IMG_7693 IMG_7692IMG_7690 IMG_7688IMG_7686 IMG_7682IMG_7680 IMG_7679IMG_7698IMG_7697IMG_7663 IMG_7660

No comments: