Every day I am amazed at how old my Max is getting! Over the last three months since Ky was born, it has really made me feel like Max is so old. I change his diaper now and think, “aren’t you too old for this?” Even though I know he really isn’t. But comparing him to a baby makes him seem like such a big boy.
Everyday he does funny little things, but by the time Jeremy gets home from work I have forgotten what he did that was so funny. Weird. Once upon a time I had a brain that worked. Also, Once upon a time I had a clean house. And I was able to clean all 3 bathrooms in one day. Laundry used to get folded and put away on the same day it was washed. And once upon a time my hair saw other styles besides a pony tail. I say these things mostly joking. While all of the above is true, I wouldn’t trade mommyhood for anything. It is by far the best job in the whole world.
The last few days Max has really been blowing me away by the things he has learned to do. The first thing is that he can almost count to ten in Chinese! What the? He can’t count in English, but since Kai-Lan does it in Chinese so can he.
When I tell him it is time for a nap or bedtime he grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs and into his bedroom. He then bends down to turn on the fan we have in there that drowns out sound and walks over to his crib to let me put him in there.
The last few days when I have gotten him up in the morning, I tell him “wait for Mommy. I need to get your clothes” He responds “Nammies” and proceeds to pull out his favorite pair of PJ’s that have monkeys on them. He gives his PJ’s a hug then asks “baby?”. So we go to the next room and peek into baby Ky’s crib. He is usually awake too so Max yells “HI!”.
He has been the pickiest little toddler ever when it comes to food. Despite my best efforts to feed him the things I eat (chicken, veggies, etc) he holds out. He knows I will eventually cave and give him his “nuggies” or Mac and cheese. I have learned to pick my battles.
This morning he only wanted applesauce for breakfast. Then around 1030 he kept pulling me over to the pantry. Now that he knows how to open doors (including the front door. Yikes!) we had to put covers over the handles. So I opened it for him and he grabbed a cup of noodles and walked over the microwave and urgently babbled in toddler language. I can only guess he was asking me to make them for him. So I did and he ate the whole thing while exclaiming “Mmmmm Good!” every few bites. Love that boy.
2 comments:
I can relate to this on SO many levels. Its no wonder why we feel so exhausted by the time our husbands get home!
Btw, love the nudie pic by the window. I don't think its inappropriate at all. I do it all the time and the neighbors haven't complained yet. Ha ha!
Love it. Isn't it insane how big they are now? I know I'll feel that way even more when the little one arrives here in a few weeks.
And don't worry, my hair is usually in a pony tail, too. If Marlo's lucky, I'll wear something other than goucho pants.
Post a Comment