Tuesday, April 26, 2011

House Full of Sickies….

Alright, I normally don’t use my blog to complain.  But, there is a first time for everything.  We were all soooo sick last week.  Last Monday (yes, we are talking EIGHT days ago), Kyler started throwing up.  The next night Jeremy, Max and I all started throwing up all within a few hours of each other.  It was a battle field from then on.  Seriously, everyone throwing up, fevers, achy, and some other problems we wont talk about.  Bed sheets, towels, PJ’s, blankets and stuffed animals were constantly going through the washing machine, and puke buckets were everywhere.  We were all really sick for a few days and then Jeremy, Max and I finally started to feel a little better.  But poor Ky was still so sick.  By Thursday night he hadn’t drank anything or peed in 6 hours and was really lethargic so I took him to the ER. They took some labs and gave him two IV bags of fluid and he just laid there, too lethargic to even cry. 

Anyways, yesterday the ER called to tell us it wasn’t rotavirus like they originally thought, it was salmonella.  Sick sick sick sick SICK!  I wanted to die.  I am the ultra paranoid Mom who sanitizes everything after handling anything raw, makes everyone wash their hands after everything, etc.  I am pretty sure I know exactly what food gave it to us because it was the only thing all four of us ate.  And I won’t tell you what it was because then you will never want to buy/eat one from this place ever again!  I’m glad now we know exactly what we had because they started Ky on an antibiotic.  Normally they don’t, but since he has been so sick for eight days they decided to.  So far he has had two doses and seems to be doing a little better.  Here’s to hoping he is feeling good for his FIRST BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!  Poor sick baby :-(  

IMG_0784

photo (76)

              

And poor Max.  We had just mastered potty training the week before.  Now he has spent an entire week BACK in diapers because of his “tummy troubles”.  Today was his first day back in big boy underwear.  We have had some accidents but hopefully it won’t take too long to re-train him…

photo (80) 

I took these in the ER with my phone while we sat there for 5 hours getting his fluid. 

photo (77) photo (78)

Feeling a little better after all his fluid

photo (79)

IMG_0787IMG_0796 IMG_0797

Cute little sickies

5 comments:

erin j bailey said...

So sorry to hear you were all feeling bad. Sooo...this salmonella came from a restaurant??? Yikes. Here's hoping Ky feels better soon.

Kendall said...

Oh the pics of your sick babies makes me feel so sad! I feel so bad for your little family :( I'm glad you are all starting to do better!

Deanna said...

OH MY GOSH! That is scary and sad. You should email me the place you ate so we can avoid it. Hope that you get over it soon!

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh I am so sorry!!! That is awful!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!! That is miserable. Sounds like we were doing the same thing at the same time. And I WILL tell you where we got it from....McDonalds. Ugh. I may never eat there again! Hope you guys get feeling better real soon!!