well I was a bad Mom and took the boys to the pool even though I knew Max wasn’t supposed to get his cast wet. We had been using a waterproof cover for 3 weeks and hadn’t got a single drop of water on it so I thought we could manage the pool. Seriously, the cover kept the cast dry for a week at the beach for heavens sake! And during every bath and shower! Anyways, somehow it got wet. Like really wet. So I immediately called the Ortho doc who had us come right in to get it sawed off. We thought he was going to have to get a new cast on, but thankfully the dr. on call sent us down for xrays first. His broken arm was already perfectly healed and he didn’t need a new one. Best. News. Ever. Seriously, having a cast on a 4 year old that can’t get wet in this heat is ridiculous. He handled it all like a champ though. He really didn’t complain to much about it. These pictures were taken at the dr. office right after he had got it taken off. We were waiting to get the x-rays for a long time and Max was really scared he was going to have to get a new one put on. While we waited he laid his arm in my lap and asked me to scratch it. For like 30 minutes. It was really cute. Poor boy must have been soooo itchy in that thing! Afterward we went to chick fil a for ice cream to celebrate. Happy Cast off day! Yayyyy!
Max had a water day at school to celebrate the last day of school for the year. He had a blast and I was glad I got to go watch. Also I was relieved he happened to get his cast off a few days earlier! Otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to participate. Phew.
1 comment:
I am so glad that he didn't have to get another cast on!! That water party looks like so much FUN!!
Post a Comment